• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Original Trade or Bear Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic shooter

Decades of bringing worthy orig. ML back to life
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Own a genuine piece of American history at replica price of $475.00.

Very solid .58 cal smooth bore flintlock era Trade pistol with exceptionally long 11" barrel that was later converted to percussion.
*Easy reconversion back to flintlock as the screw-in snail styled drum was added just forward of the breech plug where the touch hole was originally located.
Photos show the nice European quality lock that remains tight & in perfect working order.

Pistols walnut stock with ornate brass hardware remains solid & is tipped with a horn nose cap, ramrod also tipped in horn.

NOTE; This pistol would make an excellent shooter if the barrel was relined by someone like Bobby Hoyt.

Priced at just $475.00 plus Priority postage & insurance, prefer USPO Money Order for payment.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Trade Pistol posting photo.jpg
    Trade Pistol posting photo.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Trade Pistol photo 1.jpg
    Trade Pistol photo 1.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Trade Pistol photo 2.jpg
    Trade Pistol photo 2.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Trade Pistol photo 3.jpg
    Trade Pistol photo 3.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 0
  • Trade Pistol photo 4.jpg
    Trade Pistol photo 4.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Trade Pistol photo 10.jpg
    Trade Pistol photo 10.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Trade Pistol photo 7.jpg
    Trade Pistol photo 7.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 0
  • Trade Pistol photo 9.jpg
    Trade Pistol photo 9.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nice solid .58 cal smooth bore flintlock era Trade pistol with exceptionally long 11" barrel that was later converted to percussion.
Style of the quality lock on this pistol appears to be European & remains tight & in perfect working condition.

The walnut stock remains solid & has a horn nose cap, ramrod is also tipped in horn.
No markings on the octagon to round barrel or lock, style of the nice quality lock & hammer appears European.

NOTE; I do not recommend shooting this pistol unless you have the barrel relined by someone like Bobby Hoyt.
Opportunity to own a piece of American history for only $475.00 plus postage & insurance, I prefer USPO money order for payment.
TTT

Nice solid .58 cal smooth bore flintlock era Trade pistol with exceptionally long 11" barrel that was later converted to percussion.
Style of the quality lock on this pistol appears to be European & remains tight & in perfect working condition.

The walnut stock remains solid & has a horn nose cap, ramrod is also tipped in horn.
No markings on the octagon to round barrel or lock, style of the nice quality lock & hammer appears European.

NOTE; Would make a good shooter but I do not recommend firing unless the barrel is relined by someone like Bobby Hoyt.

Opportunity to own a piece of American history for only $475.00 plus postage & insurance, I prefer USPO money order for payment.
TTT

Interesting piece, it appears to have been born a percussion pistol.
Anything is possible but I believe with close examination of the conversion I think you would also agree it started life as a flintlock.
Due to the flint era style hardware I believe the flintlock was replaced with the percussion.

Another conversion indication is the percussion bolster looking conversion screws into side of the barrel just forward of tip of the breech plug.
This pistol with a bolster type conversion is a bit different, usually percussion conversions on these type pistols were done with a drum.

It is an interesting pistol with it's longer barrel & remains in pretty nice condition for it's age.
Nice quality lock & points well, good candidate to shoot with a barrel liner.

Note; Would be easy to convert back to flint as the snail shaped percussion conversion screws in barrel just ahead of the
breech plug same as a conventional drum percussion conversion.

Walnut stock remains solid & has a horn nose cap, ramrod is also tipped in horn.

NOTE; Would make a good shooter but I do not recommend firing unless the barrel is relined by someone like Bobby Hoyt.

Thanks for looking.
PTT

Note; Would be easy to convert back to flint as the snail shaped percussion conversion screws in barrel just ahead of the
breech plug same as a conventional drum percussion conversion.

Walnut stock remains solid & has a horn nose cap, ramrod is also tipped in horn.

Thanks for looking.
TTT

Opportunity to own a genuine piece of American history at replica price of $475.00.

Very solid .58 cal smooth bore flintlock era Trade pistol with exceptionally long 11" barrel that was later converted to percussion.
*Easy reconversion back to flintlock as the screw-in snail styled drum was added just forward of the breech plug where the touch hole was originally located.
Photos show the nice European quality lock that remains tight & in perfect working order.

Pistols walnut stock with ornate brass hardware remains solid & is tipped with a horn nose cap, ramrod also tipped in horn.

NOTE; This pistol would make an excellent shooter if the barrel was relined by someone like Bobby Hoyt.

Priced at just $475.00 plus Priority postage & insurance, prefer USPO Money Order for payment.
Thanks for looking.
TTT

Opportunity to own a genuine piece of American history at replica price of $475.00.

Thanks for looking.
TTT

Thanks for looking.
TTT

Thanks for looking.
TTT

Back