• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stock inletting questions for a bozo who's never done it

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two primary chisels that I use for most of my work on small inlet's. My straight chisel is about 3/16" wide and it does most of the work. The second, for the corners is just a rounded 1/4". Generally I just use a small part of the curve for getting a round corner round.

After all, a curve is nothing more than a series of very short straight lines.

I wonder - do you use curved chisels to inlet a rounded part? Seems like you would need a whole set to match every curve.
A set of precision wood-working gouges can help you out with that little detail. El-cheapo set from Hobby Lobby good enough for one project, but probably won't last forever.

I
That's such a great video. The 2nd one is great too. My favorite scene is Hershel shooting from his porch using his toes as a rest for the barrel!
I ain't seen that one ...I need to find a copy of that to watch . I can't believe ole Hershel's gone too , so many folks . I got to meet him and his brother John . Great guys ....

Latest posts

Back