• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colorado hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowcsp

40 Cal.
Reaction score
We are leaving for glennwood springs in about 4 weeks for the muzzleloader elk hunt and would like to know if it has been dry there this summer.

Hunting the unit next to you in 481. High country is green and wet so hopefully yours will be as well.

Good luck!

"Dry" don't do justice to what it is around here this year. We have been getting a little bit of rain here and there and it has really helped but it is still too damn dry. Be carefull and good luck.

Todd

Summit county has been wet, but just south of their it is dry. I'd call a shop that is located in the hunt area to find out.

Up around 9,000 feet here is very wet. Lots of moss, and the ground seems to be moist. I even saw quite a few mushrooms. THey've lifted the burn ban up there, too.

THey've lifted the ban here on the east slopes above the frontrange. I plan to warm my old bones by a campfire. You're young enough to make your own heat! :(

Most fire bans and regs are by county except in the case of a statwide ban called by the Gov. You can usually get info on the web site of the county of interest.

Mike Brines said:
THey've lifted the ban here on the east slopes above the frontrange. I plan to warm my old bones by a campfire. You're young enough to make your own heat! :(

just take me a cutie along with me to help warm me up :2

ML opener here in CO in two weeks. Started hauling in camp today in NW CO. Despite occasional recent rains, still dry as a bone. The national forest here (Rout NF) has lifted fire restrictions, but around where we usually camp, the grass is only half as high as normal and brittle dry. As dry as it is, we'll not be having a fire unless we get some more moisture. I've seen two major fires start within a mile of camp the last ten years (lightning caused) which have changed the whole landscape and I don't want to be part of that, especially with all the beetle killed lodgepole around.

Back