• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nipple wrench for Crocket rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TWB hunter ... was that the traditions revolver wrench or the traditions traditional wrench ?? They are two different wrenches. I should get the right one for my crockett rifle.
Ohio Rusty ><>
Rusty, if you order one please let us know how it works out. I'm done ordering nipple wrenches for my Crockett rifle until I know for sure which one it takes.

Here’s your picture Bob. No need to pull the lock.
I did that with one of the nipple wrenches and it still does not fit properly. In fact I thought I had an issue with the nipple threads in the breech until I started using the 13/64 ignition wrench. Now I can get the nipple tight were it does not leak.

I have a bunch of those masks .... I use them in the shop when I'm sanding or grinding. That is the best thing you can use them for.
Ohio Rusty ><>

I have a Traditions Crockett .32. I use a T wrench I got at a shoot. It was hand made. You are right the barrel around the nipple is close.

Here is my modified nipple wrench. Took about 15 minutes with a file.

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpeg
    IMG_0562.jpeg
    1.6 MB
  • IMG_0561.jpeg
    IMG_0561.jpeg
    2 MB
I have these 2 wrenches, look like the same manufacturer but no idea who. They are different size between the flats, the turned down one being slightly smaller, it won't fit a rifle nipple, maybe for a revolver? Don't have any revolvers to check.

Attachments

• NR1.jpg
    NR1.jpg
    180.9 KB
  • NR2.jpg
    NR2.jpg
    82.5 KB
Here is my modified nipple wrench. Took about 15 minutes with a file.
Does that fit the nipple itself good and tight?

I've ground a couple down to where they will fit in the tight space around the nipple but neither one fits the slots of the nipple tight enough.

Here’s the nipple wrench I use that works just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_1476.jpeg
    IMG_1476.jpeg
    1.9 MB
Last edited:
Does that fit the nipple itself good and tight?

I've ground a couple down to where they will fit in the tight space around the nipple but neither one fits the slots of the nipple tight enough.

Here’s the nipple wrench I use that works just fine.
It fits but not as tight as you would get from a custom machined one. All of my factory nipple wrenches have some play in them and I only have 2 the other is an Enfield Sgts Tool.

I have these 2 wrenches, look like the same manufacturer but no idea who. They are different size between the flats, the turned down one being slightly smaller, it won't fit a rifle nipple, maybe for a revolver? Don't have any revolvers to check.
I have one that looks like your top one and it works fine on my Crockett and most other rifles and pistols. I'm not sure where I got it from or who manufactured it. It might be from Traditions or Treso.

The turned-down one is for a Revolver.

Walt

Last edited:
I have one that looks like your top one and it works fine on my Crockett and most other rifles and pistols. I'm not sure where I got it from or who manufactured it. It might be from Traditions or Treso.

The turned-down one is for a Revolver.

Walt
I thought I finally found one at Deer Creek but when I went to their web site it is not specifically listed to be for a Crockett.

Time to make some phone calls to Deer Creek and Traditions. This is ridiculous. If they are that difficult to find, then Traditions should supply one with each Crockett rifle. I’d gladly pay the extra few dollars for one.

Back