• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colt Navy/3rdMod Dragoon all shoot to the left

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grumpa,
have printed out the Wheel of Misfortune, and will laminate a copy to put into my shooting box. I will track down the book you mentioned.
I have been shooting center fire with my Smith and Wesson Mod 66 .357 for donkeys years, but never had any real coaching so bad habits have crept in. I have even noticed with that I have run out of adjustment with the rear sight. I though the fact I now wear reading glasses, but not to shoot might also have something to do with it.

cheers

heelerau

Follow the wisdom in the Treasury, and those bad habits will disappear.

Depending on your eyes, your prescription, and the length of your pistol barrel, you might find your reading glasses just the ticket for seeing your sights clearly. Make that "FRONT sight".

Especially for paper punching, you can near ignore the target (just a fuzzy presence above/around the front sight) and see your FRONT sight in sharp distinction, centered in your slightly less distinct rear sight. When you get your trigger PRESS worked out (straight back), you will be amazed at the tiny group.

If you wear bifocals, you can experiment with the different lenses, on your different guns, to see what works best.

(If you want to "chew the mutton" more re the M66, send me a PM, and we'll chat.)

had a 1851 36 cal -brass frame--fie--sighted it in useing front sight even with top of right side of rear sight--shot right on useing that way

Latest posts

Back