• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Considering building a matchlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkloos

40 Cal.
Reaction score
After reading up on these things, I want one! I own three flintlocks, but I think I'm ready to try shooting something different as well. Do you all recommend building them or buying them? And where would I get the materials for either of those options. Thanks :thumbsup:

Hangfeyer said:
After reading up on these things, I want one! I own three flintlocks, but I think I'm ready to try shooting something different as well.

VelKom! Isn't low tech great!

Hangfeyer said:
Do you all recommend building them or buying them? And where would I get the materials for either of those options. Thanks :thumbsup:

That all depends on your skill level. You can either scourge the timber or buy a piece off Ebay. For a barrel, you can grab one from E-Parts/Numrich or one of the many suppliers listed in the links section. I suggest you take a look at the Pre-Flint Builders list at top of this forum.

grin.gif

CP

If you are interested in buying one, look up John Buck in the Pre-flintlock Builder's List on this forum. The quality is high and his prices are moderate. He prefers to take orders by phone, so give him a call.

jderrick said:
Are there any kits out there?
The Rifle Shoppe has the Matchlock Caliver(527)kit.But with anything ordered from TRS expect a very long wait. :hmm:They are listed on the Pre-Flintlock Links page.

If you would like an exact copy of the swedish m/1620, used by Gustavus Adolphus army during the Thirty Years War, I could build you one.
This type was also used by the Swedes and their troops ,that were sent to our former colony of Delaware during the 1630´s to 1650´s.
I´m presently building three of them for customers.
You can see the type on my URL.

Magnus in Sweden

Latest posts

Back