• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Starting my winter pistol build early

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe these pics will give you a better idea.

xj8iN4i.jpg
TiC3OPT.jpg

Maybe these pics will give you a better idea.

xj8iN4i.jpg
TiC3OPT.jpg
I’m no expert at building, and hope you don’t mistake my comments as criticism. It just appears to me that there is a lot of wood below the lock mortise. I was thinking that you would be removing a whole bunch there but see you already have your trigger plate inlet. I could be way wrong but I am thinking that this pistol will be really chunky.

You need no more than an ⅛ “ below the ramrod. Do that before the trigger plate, or when you inlet the entry pipe, you’ll be way out of line. This will keep the bottom of the stock even and flat.
IMG_1232.jpeg

Latest posts

Back