• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Couple of antelope!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machino

32 Cal
Reaction score
Went out to the prairie last weekend with the ol' kibler. Checking some more boxes with this gun in its second season. WT, bear, elk, were all taken care of and the two tags I had were burning a hole in my pocket. Chased a group first thing opening morning. Wanted the buck, but waiting isn't a game I wanted to play. I had a healthy doe at 65 when I got up on the group and took the shot. Always nice to see a falling body after the smoke clears. I got 84yr old dad on a nice buck later that afternoon with a more modern gun. Great first day. Day two came. I saw a small buck I had seen the day before. He wasn't big, but was excellent quarry. After a few stalks that didn't allow a shot I finally got close. I stalked them under 75 but the buck was below the three does. As I came over the horizon line a little more to see the buck, right as I pulled my gun up they bolted. Luckily I had them pinned against some badlands and had an idea where the might sneak through. My guess was right. Now I'll say I was a little skeptical with myself. Anything over a 100 is far. I was prone on top of a cone/ hill. Super stable. OnX said 125. So I settled the irons on him and thwap. He took off at mach 10, but quickly found the dirt. It was a great weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_7691.jpeg
    IMG_7691.jpeg
    6.3 MB
  • Resized_20241013_140713.jpg
    Resized_20241013_140713.jpg
    148 KB
Back