• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Covering patch box

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarcasmn

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I have an older TC hawken I just found and am planning to fix up a bit. I am not a fan of brass furniture and plan to replace most with iron. Any ideas for the patch box? I am thinking of filling in the hole and maybe cover the whole thing with a wood inlay or maybe an iron patch box. Any ideas out there, nice things others have done in the past.

In my opinion a wood inlay would look out of place. If you get a Track of the Wolf catalog you will see full size photos of patchboxes that you can copy and cut out to see if they will cover the existing inlet. Did I see in another post that you were going to replace some of the hardware with iron? An iron patchbox would be a good match. If I remember many years ago there was a group of iron parts available for the TC that were a drop in replacement for the brass. By the way that carry handle might be handy but it ought to go. :grin:

That is the condition it came in. I plan to put some simple iron sights on her so she can be seen in public with some dignity

Use the brass Pbox as a template and make one out of steel.....Fred

how about some really thin steel shim stock cut to fit & epoxied or soldered on? then ya could brown or blue to match the other furniture.

Lert me look I may have a "handmade" steel patchbox that fits that inlet. It may take a bit of work to make it operable. I'll look to see if I Have a picture of it handy.

oo35/bogie_bucket/100_2706.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Latest posts

Back