• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Coyotes, Cell Phones, & Mishaps!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbiggers

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well i got up this morning and was determined to go squirrel hunting, in spite of the windy day we were going to have. A lot of the time, for me, its just being out there that makes it all worth while. So while i'am sitting under my tree hoping ole bushy tail will stick his head out, but didn't, i felt my cell phone vibrate. It was a text message from a real good friend of mine, who also happens to be one of our TWRA officers, (its good to have friends in high places)... :rotf: ...Anyway, while we're texting back and forth, i never head a thing and then out of the corner of my right eye, i saw movement. Their were 2 coyotes strolling through the woods and they came to within 20 yards of me. They stopped and looked at me for just a second, the one in front of the other kinda trotted off, unconcerned about my presence. The second one turned completely broadside of me and just stood there as if to say, "come on hillbilly, fire that shot". :shocked2: So i raised my rifle, sighted in just behind his shoulder blade and..."CLACK"... :cursing: :doh:...I was so busy with that damn phone, i forgot to prime my pan...:cursing:... Needless to say, my future coyote fur skin hat hauled ass clear to the next county i'am sure. After i finished throwing my little fit.. :haha: ..i decided to go ahead a take a few pictures of myself and my new outfit that i got from "Ole Bushwacker", the pants and the shirt is awsome and very, very comfortable and i didn't have to make any adjustments at all, the fit was perfect. Thank you John Baum, you'll be hearing from me when i have a need for another garment... :thumbsup:

Anyway here's the pic's, tell me what ya think and keep the laughter down to a minimum, please.. :blah: BTW, that gourd at my feet, i made that myself and another one just like it at home.. :wink:

HPIM1017_edited-1.jpg

HPIM1016_edited-1.jpg

LOL! Good outfit, and good story. Somehow....Flintlocks and cell phones just don't seem to belong together :rotf:

Looks great!

Too bad about the 'yote. A friend has a cell phone tone that is a 'yote howl. Might be just what you need! :haha:

Is that gourd at the foot of the tree part of the outfit. :confused:

marmotslayer said:
Looks great!

Too bad about the 'yote. A friend has a cell phone tone that is a 'yote howl. Might be just what you need! :haha:

Is that gourd at the foot of the tree part of the outfit. :confused:

Yeah thats my water gourd, thats the first one i ever made and it turned out perfect. Well except for that tad bit of discoloration on the outside. I couldn't get all that scrubbed off no matter how hard i tried, but i think it adds a dab of character to it.. :wink: Most importantly, the waxing turned out great and the water from it tastes great.. :thumbsup:

And as far as the rest of it, i just need to keep my head outa my rear end and pay more attention to the hunting, and less time on the communicating.. :shake: "AND REMEMBER TO PRIME THAT PAN".. :doh:

Back