• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Crockett rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackwill

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I purchased a Crockett rifle based on all the positive comments I have seen on the forum about accuracy mostly. Received it yesterday.
The hammer and nipple don't line up very well.
The nipple leans toward the hammer and the hammer is bent a bit too far over the barrel. The hammer cup appears to clear the nipple anough to be able to strike a cap. Because the nipple leans too far back there is very little clearance between the nipple and the bolster. None of my nipple wrenches will fit into the space. I may have to file a nipple wrench to fit.
My question is to those that have purchased a Crockett. Is this misalignment of nipple to hammer fairly common? Are some samples lined up and some not?
If this is common I will work around it. If it is not common I will return the rifle to Dixie and ask for a better one.
Thanks for your help.

had to file a wrench to fit. hammer/ nipple not perfect but go bang every time.

I have one and have enjoyed it for several years. My rifle is a 2nd, slight crack in the wood but it goes bang each time. The only thing I have done is put a T/C rear sight on it. I tapped it and this helped me, but the old sights were good enough. The hammer is slightly off but it does work. As to the nipple tool, I use a standard tool that I picked up somewhere. The nipples are metric.

I use a revolver nipple wrench, works fine. My hammer was tilted a little too. Nothing a little heat didn't take care of. It's a tack driver though.

Rick

Not trying to change the post direction, but mind if I ask the manufacturer of your Crocket?

Thanks Cat9

Back