• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion Firearm Safety & Hunting Tips;

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never worried much about carrying a percussion rifle on half-cock through the woods. I always knew to stay aware even when using some sort of safety device on the nipple. Flintlocks are a different story. Most of my hunting and shooting has been with flintlock longrifles. So 90% of the time a flinter was what I'd be found carrying in the woods. On flint locks I've never been satisfied with moving around and hammer on half cock. The solution, for myself, was to use a leather frizzen cover WITH the rifle on half cock.

Back