• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CT landowner deer season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger 1755

32 Cal
Reaction score
Used the bad weather today to prep my gear for the opening of the CT Landowner deer season next week. Going to hunt in Ranger kit with a smoothbore flintlock musket and just the historic essentials. On my Ranger jacket is my waistbelt with frog and small hatchet, shot pouch and sundial compass powder horn with measure attached. Loading the musket with powder horn, loose balls and cartridge paper for wads, only carrying 7 rounds total. The folding clasp knife is the type found on Roger's Island in Fort Edward, New York and the exact type the rangers carried as a scalping knife, more than enough knife for any woodsman's needs.Below the jacket is a lock cover and a small flint / utility pouch. The bottom compartment holds a large twisted up piece of tow and a wiper ( not called a worm ), the upper two sections hold 2 flints wrapped in lead per British regulations and a turn key that wraps up with the pouch. Should be an interesting hunt !

Attachments

• ranger hunt 1.jpg
    ranger hunt 1.jpg
    110.2 KB
  • ranger hunt 3.jpg
    ranger hunt 3.jpg
    143 KB
Back