• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD - Pending funds Custom Lancaster Flintlock, Engraved & Silver Mounted !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic shooter

Decades of bringing worthy orig. ML back to life
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Sale fell through :(
BEAUTIFULLY HAND CRAFTED & ENGRAVED .54 Cal. LANCASTER FLINTLOCK RIFLE FROM THE 70's BY NOTED NORTHWEST BUILDERS POOLE & LENHART !
At 82 I can no longer compete or hunt with rifles, last long gun in my collection.
~MINT CONDITION, APPEARS UNFIRED.
~RARE ALL GERMAN-SILVER MOUNTED.
SPECS;
Stock; Nicely figured Maple with incised carving.
OAL of rifle; 51"
Weight; 8lbs.
LOP; 14''
*Custom Quality Barrell; .54 caliber, 35" long with touch hole liner, mirror smooth .014 deep 8-groove rifling, 1 turn in 60 rate of twist.
Match grade barrel with no chatter or reamer marks !
Triggers; North Star
Lock; Polished & tuned Siler throws a shower of sparks !!!
NOTE: Photos are high resolution so the quality of inletting & engraving can be zoomed-in.

Reduced to just $2,500 plus actual Priority shipping & insurance, prefer Postal Money Order.
Rifle will be shipped to buyer well padded in custom built wood case shown in photos...
Feel free to PM me with any questions.
Relic shooter
TTT

Attachments

• Poole-Lenhart Lancaster Rifle.jpg
    Poole-Lenhart Lancaster Rifle.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 3
  • Poole-Lenhart feature F-V photos.jpg
    Poole-Lenhart feature F-V photos.jpg
    892.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Poole-Lenhart feature F-V photos 3.jpg
    Poole-Lenhart feature F-V photos 3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Poole-Lenhart rifle, fitted shipping container.jpg
    Poole-Lenhart rifle, fitted shipping container.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Bore photo .54 cal. L.Poole-A.W.Lenhart.jpg
    Bore photo .54 cal. L.Poole-A.W.Lenhart.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 0
  • Poole-Lenhart cheekpiece area closeup gold .jpg
    Poole-Lenhart cheekpiece area closeup gold .jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 0
  • P&L lock photo 1.jpg
    P&L lock photo 1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 0
  • P&L lock photo 2.jpg
    P&L lock photo 2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
BEAUTIFULLY HAND CRAFTED & ENGRAVED .54 Cal. LANCASTER FLINTLOCK RIFLE FROM THE 70's BY NOTED NORTHWEST BUILDERS POOLE & LENHART !
At 82 I can no longer compete or hunt with rifles, last long gun in my collection.
SPECS;
OAL of rifle; 51"
Weight; 8lbs.
LOP; 14''
*Custom Quality Barrell; .54 caliber, 35" long with touch hole liner, mirror smooth .014 deep 8-groove rifling, 1 turn in 60 rate of twist.
Triggers; North Star
NOTE: Photos are high resolution so the quality of inletting & engraving can be zoomed-in.

Reduced to just $2,500 plus actual Priority shipping & insurance, prefer Postal Money Order.
Rifle will be shipped to buyer well padded in custom built wood case shown in photos...
Relic shooter
Thanks Marplot, thought I would add some history on this time-capsule rifle.
Be interesting to see if it shoots as tight of groups as your orig. .70 cal Danish Jaeger 🤣

I became acquainted with Louie Poole & Lenhart back in the 70s & 80s in my 20s as fellow trader, builder & competitor at numerous shoots & rendezvous throughout Oregon, Montana, Washington & Idaho.
As I recall their shop was in the Springfield Oregon area not far from a much younger Ron Scott who also another top notch gun builder & competitor.
The custom barrel on this rifle with it's more traditional deeper rifling reminds me of barrels I bought from custom barrel maker Les Bauska in Montana.
It was during those early years of shooting original muzzleloaders that I found I was getting much tighter & more consistent groups & easier loading in barrels that had excellent bores with deeper rifling with the proper PRB combo.
Wish I was younger,,, this old school rifle is begging to fulfill its role as a big game taker & prettiest medal winner in competition.
Relic shooter

Sale fell through, back up for sale..

SPECS;
OAL of rifle; 51"
Weight; 8lbs.
LOP; 14''
Triggers; North Star

Relic shooter
TTT

SPECS;
OAL of rifle; 51"
Weight; 8lbs.
LOP; 14''
Triggers; North Star

Relic shooter
TTT
TTT

Latest posts

Back