• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA .54 Cal & Shotgun Combo Question?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone can school me on what kind of nipple this is and also the purpose of the metal block where a rear sight could go? Bought this combo and just trying to figure things out on it.

Attachments

• 20240614_151502.jpg
    20240614_151502.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • 20240614_151433.jpg
    20240614_151433.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Nipple is an aftermarket replacement called a Mag Spark, unscrew the cover, place a modern primer and replace the cover.
The socket head screw is not standard either, almost looks like a washer under because the socket screw is too long and would block the flash channel.

Block is likely for some sort of target sight or scope.

The previous owner was something of a tinkerer it would seem...

Thanks for the info, bought it from a member on another site, man had passed away so he was selling for the wife he didn't know much about the gun so it will be fun working up some loads for both of them.

I pulled my CVA 54.Cal out today and tried a 209 mz primer and it would not fit , any ideas as to what might fit in it? Primers are hard to find in my area and didn't realize the 208's wouldn't fit until now.

Attachments

• 20240807_135044.jpg
    20240807_135044.jpg
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 0
Primer goes inside and cover with striker threads down over. Looks like a large primer, but without handling could be a small primer.

If you want a standard CVA nipple for #11 shoot me a PM, I've got a couple new ones and i'll send it for the price of postage.

Back