• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA cannons

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfers

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone own a CVA cannon? I am looking at the Mountain Howitzer and the Nepolean III. What is a good price for one assembled?

Thanks

These are working models. They are sitting in an antique shop hear in PA.There is also a winchester signal cannon in the same shop.

I got a Winchester, what does theirs go for? We can compare the price of theirs used with mine new and get a rough idea wether or not this place has an over inflated profit margin

I've got one of the old CVA mountain howitzers that you're talking about and they have not been made for years. I bought mine about 20 years ago ago at a gun show and they had been out of production for some time then. Mine is a .58 caliber and it sits on top of our entertainment center in the living room to keep visiting kids from messing with it. The barrel walls must me around a caliber and a half thick. Has 12 spoke wheels just like the Traditions, but without the small hardware that that one has. Pretty nicely made replica that I paid $75 for at the time, but then again that was at least 20 years ago. What do they want for them now?

My wife gave me a CVA 1/4 scale 70 cal Napoleon kit, 12" diameter spoked wheels about 30 years ago, and I think she payed about $300. for it. And I think they may still sell them, but there smaller.
I originally stained the wood, but several years ago, I painted it the green/gray it was in real life, she didn't like the color, but its in my gun room now, so who cares what she likes.
I haven't shot it in years, there's no good place to shoot it around hear, our club range wont allow any cannons.
I would post a picture, but I dont know how, Im a CIOF (Computer Illiterate Old Fart) But I can e-mail it, if someone cares, and want to post it for me.
Mike.

Latest posts

Back