• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA caps?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your cleaning and preservation are first rate,there will be no problem. They are a bigger problem to deal with than pyrodex for corrosinn. Deep down in the breach of the barrel can give you problems. The outside of the breach and lock will also get a good coating of the cap spray. I used to use then and found out I needed to do better. Now I shoot Pyrodex and homemade corrosive caps. The worst you can do. Now my cleaning is better and so is the preservation.. Any and all newer made caps (last 40 years) will say Non Corrosive right on the container.

Five blister packs each containing 2 tins (plastics) of 100 caps all for $35, heck of a deal. They should be as reliable as new. I have open tins of caps in the basement that are older than those and they still work fine.

I was at my nearest Cabelas two hours ago and while they had Triple Seven and Pyrodex, there wasn't a percussion cap in the place; I asked !!! 😫

The caps are long gone but I still have the tin.
16997281033776890420709351699390.jpg
Carol says I am a pack rat. What does Haddam mean?

Back