• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Hawken year produced

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the first cva Hawken I have seen that has the word rifle stamped behind the word hawken also does not have the year stamped infront of serial number, any idea what year rang this barrel would of been made
1000003683.jpg
1000003686.jpg
1000003684.jpg

This has turned out to be a really nice nice barrel 50 caliber with to my surprise a 1-56 twist. It took 8-10 shots to get it settled in then it went to cutting bullet holes at 25 yards, so I decided to take it to the local club shoot yesterday and ended up with first place with a 10 out of 10 score and a bonus just for fun hit on the 12 inch gong at 110 yards so pretty happy with my $80 ebay barrel.

Just poking a little fun at ya but be carefull with that statement around certain camp fires.😁 I've owned quite a few cva hawkens, only have one now. But there's a reason i have 6 MT. Rifles 👍
Yep, not knocking them, most do like the Mountain rifle, and they are more authentic looking but they just don't suit me. Just a personal opinion. My brother and I had several CVA's in the late 70's early 80's, Mountain rifles, big bore mountain rifle, Frontier rifle, I still have one flintlock Mountain rifle and a Frontier that I haven't shot in years and one CVA hawken but don't really shoot that one anymore either. In fairness, all my Mountain/Frontier rifles were flintlocks, and those locks were frustrating to say the least. I'm more into smoothbore flintlocks now, there's room for every taste in this sport!

Last edited:
Back