• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cva lock bolt thread

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really, I'm metric challenged....Take lock to hardware store, Ace & others have screw plates to size bolts/screws. Try until you get a fit....Tom

I have a old CVA .58 cal. Big Bore Mtn. Rifle I built back in ? 1978. Lock screw threads on it are .7mm x 30 pitch. Can't say they are all the same.

Keith Lisle

Birddog6 said:
I have a old CVA .58 cal. Big Bore Mtn. Rifle I built back in ? 1978. Lock screw threads on it are .7mm x 30 pitch. Can't say they are all the same.

Keith Lisle
0.7 mm sounds pretty small Birddog. The major diameter of that thread would only be .0276 inches in diameter. That's less than 1/32".

If the 30 pitch is talking about thread pitch like we use on screws, the thread spacing would be .033 inches.

While this is very close to a lot of our standard threads here in the USA the height of the thread from tip to root would be about .019 inches.
That doesn't leave much metal under the bottom of the thread V .

I'm at a disadvantage because the only CVA lock I have is the one on my Derranger.

For what it's worth, the sear screw is a shouldered screw with a .150" body and .117" (3 mm) diameter thread. It appears to be a 0.35 mm pitch which is about .014" between the threads.
A 3mm X 0.35mm pitch is a standard fine pitch metric thread.

The screw that holds the lock into the derringer has a thread and body diameter of .152 inches (3.9mm).
That should be a 4mm X 0.5mm fine pitch metric screw.

The screw that holds the barrel tang into the stock is a 5mm X 0.5mm pitch fine pitch metric screw.

Hope this helps somebody. :rotf:

Proven point of what happens when ya get in too big a hurry. :bow: :surrender:

Keith Lisle

Back