• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a chance to pick up a .50 caliber CVA Mountain Rifle for $200. The guy needs money for his kids braces. I had one years ago in .54 that was very accurate that I built from a kit. It's an older one with a slow, round ball twist. What do you think?

Attachments

• CVA mountain rifle.jpg
    CVA mountain rifle.jpg
    27 KB
200.00 is a steal for those, get it. I picked up a .54 last year for well south of 3 bills and thought I got lucky. Great guns too.

Is it a 4 screw patchbox? Either way, $200 bucks would have me scrambling to get my wallet out.
Not sure on the patchbox, I haven't actually seen it in person yet. It's my neighbors brother that it selling it and I've only seen the somewhat crappy picture that I posted. I'm supposed to meet up with his brother on Thursday. But from what he says, it's in pretty decent shape.

Go ahead and buy it. If you’re not satisfied, I’ll give you a crisp one hundred dollar bill for it, and you can mail the rifle to me. I mean really, it’s a win/ win situation. You win a hundred bucks, and I win the pleasure of taking something less than satisfactory off your hands. :cool:

Go ahead and buy it. If you’re not satisfied, I’ll give you a crisp one hundred dollar bill for it, and you can mail the rifle to me. I mean really, it’s a win/ win situation. You win a hundred bucks, and I win the pleasure of taking something less than satisfactory off your hands. :cool:
What my granddad used to say was, "If I had so in so's (whatever) and he had a feather up his butt, we'd both be tickled!

My final offer.... I’m willing to go as low as $75.00. Not a penny less. Throwing my self in front of the train of disappointment and dissatisfaction for you, is a selfless act I would do willingly.

Don't listen to those other guys. They are only looking out for their own interests. Me, I’m just a giving, caring kind of guy. :cool:

Most of the early model (late 70s) with 4 screw patch boxes were Made in USA.
The 2 screw patch boxes were made in Spain (early 80s) with a very few made in USA.
MOE

I have two 'Made in America' models .. both nice .. and I offered $300 for this one. If he is thinking he will not sell it. In good shape they are worth more. One of mine even has a nicely figured maple stock. I'll let my boys inherit it. Polecat

Most of the early model (late 70s) with 4 screw patch boxes were Made in USA.
The 2 screw patch boxes were made in Spain (early 80s) with a very few made in USA.
MOE

Did not know this.
I inherited a CVA .45 cal almost 25 years ago. I hung it on the wall, and haven't really looked at it since. I just checked and mine is a 4 screw and says "made in America" on the barrel. Do you know off hand what size ball this takes? I have a box of .440 rb's I use with my T/C Hawken.

Back