• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Trapper Shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abel

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have this single barrel shotgun and it has the screw in chokes. The owner's manual says not to shoot single projectiles because of the screw in chokes. I would think that using the Improved Cylinder choke would be fine. Is this warning simply legal talk to save CVA from litigation or is it a real concern???

I own one and the chokes on mine run on the tight side. you should mic the inside dia. before choosing a ball and patch. I have used my inp. choke and found it to tight for a .69 ball. so i opened it up with a brake cylinder honing tool.
it shoots ok. but very low on target. have not done more test with it lately. hope to get out to the range soon. my double has chokes and it shoots well just not at same point of impact as point of aim.

Please note,
greenmountainboy is not me
Greenmtnboy
I was wondering why I got several email from forum buddies wondering when I changed my name.
maby one of us should change our title enough so as not to get confused with each other.

:hatsoff:

Back