• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dang It all

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majg1234

45 Cal.
Reaction score
well had some days off from work to hunt but that's on the back burner now.SWMBO wanted the swimming hole area blown free of leaves.I started doing this as a good hubby should and stepped on a spring that holds the cover,twisted my ankle really badly heard a loud pop as I embraced the concrete with my knees and shoulder.I'm able to bear weight (sort of) but the ankle is very sore and swollen,pretty color too. all I can wear on that foot is a house shoe no boots.Guess I should have got around to making the Mocs I've thought about :surrender: Been setting around with it propped up,casting round ball and made an antler powder measure today so all is not lost :shake:Hope to be back in the woods soon as the Rut is full bore now :doh:

majg1234 said:
"...stepped on a spring that holds the cover,twisted my ankle really badly heard a loud pop as I embraced the concrete with my knees and shoulder...."
Ah, don't like the sound of that, no pun intended.
Any thoughts about an x-ray so you'll know what you got in case any continued use might make something worse?

Thanks for the concern RB But I make my living doing this type of stuff (primary care Nurse Practitioner x35 yrs) Don't have any signs of a fracture but all the signs of a grade 3 sprain (worst one)of course!!! Seems to be gradualy imprved today after being off it.If it continues to improve I'll forgo the x ray if not I'm back to work friday and will get a picture made.Sure does suck though with the Rut going on over here :cursing:

Thanks too Steve. We'll be back @ it soon and maybe the Early Va will strike again.The worst part is my Grandson is dying to use his TC Hawken to make meat while he's out of school :idunno:

Back