• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Danish handgonne guy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nidhux

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello
just want to make a short introduction of myself, since I´m new on this forum.

My name is Michael, I´m 27 and from Denmark, I´m a medieval reenactor, and have been working with handgonnes and breechloading cannons (blanks only)since 2000, mostly at the Bornholm medievalcentre, but also at medieval/historical events around in Denmark.

My main interests are the pre-flintlocks, so I guess that´s where I´ll be hanging out.
I´ll be searching the forum for pictures of originals and historic sources for medieval guns, so if you know any good treads, or have something you would like to share, then pleace let me now!

At the moment I have four different handgonnes (replika/copies/reconstructions -don´t know the right word)dating from around 1350 to 1420, but a couple more is on the way.
I´m also in the proces of requireing a matchlock, and my aim is to cover the period from the first guns and up to the invention of the matchlock.

The homepage of my medievalgroup is: www.griffen.eu
but the site is still under construction.

If you want to know more, feel free to ask.
Maybe I´ll write some more another day.

Hi Michael, welcome aboard! I'm just getting into handgonnes, so I'm always glad to see another gonner. There is usually some threads about them in the Pre-Flintlock forum. Enjoy. :)

Welcome to the camp Michael - This is a fun site to be at and we just keep on learning stuff. Look up the handgonne competition and put your target in the mail to Claypipe. GC

Back