• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dark Finish on standard maple

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am currently working on a kibler woods runner with the standard maple stock. I did two coats of iron nitrate and then stained with cherry stain. It turned out pretty nice. I am waiting on a kibler Fowler also with the standard maple and I want the finish to be very dark, about the color of an eggplant. How would I go about getting the stock that dark?

So you do the walnut stain first and then do the iron nitrate, or the iron nitrate first then the walnut stain. I’m pretty sure I know what you meant, but I just want to be sure. Thanks!

Use the iron nitrate first, blush it with the heat gun, then the stain. If you don't have scraps to practice on, use the inner barrel chanel, small areas. Maybe one app of FN, then two. Maybe an area with no FN - sand, whisker, top finish, then choose

Latest posts

Back