• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

dating pedrsoli bess year of manf.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwtradegun

50 Cal.
Reaction score
found out that here is a 2 at leter code on barrel for yr of manf.. mine is a BB on a Dixie brown bes indian trade musket. it was made in 1992. may be same for all guns. check and call Dixie or flintlock etc. the us importers.

Chart here with Italian gun date codes, BB would be 1992.
zzt_zpsf83de0f9.jpg

Rifleman1776 said:
Cessnapilot89 said:
Mine is marked BB as well, but just came from Cabela's last month...

Could the BB stand for Brown Bess? Dunno. :idunno: Just asking. :grin:

Yes,The "BB" just before the serial number on a Brown Bess stands the model.
If you look just ahead of the Serial number or sometimes just under the serial number, you should see a group of Italian proof marks. On my SLP the date code is inside of a square. You may need a magnifing glass to see the code.

Mine is a "BT",(2003), and has a serial number of BB1773. Does anybody know..... do they start over every year w/serial numbers?

Latest posts

Back