• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Days Past

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christophero said:

This is the make shift blind I've used on my Dad's farm for a number of years

Christophero: That picture reminds me so much of a view from a blind I had on a farm near me. Mine was actually built from downed branches vs a natural deadfall, but I had it set up to provide a screen, but also levels of branches to rest my muzzle on for a solid shooting platform. Sat many a winter day in that blind over a number of years and took quite a few deer from it. Unfortunately, that entire 2000 acre farm went to a big hunting lease company and I lost access to all of it...and worst of all, the part of the farm my blind was on used to be my great-grandfather's farm. Your picture brought back some good memories of me sitting covered with snow looking out between the branches. :thumbsup:

In the South we are wimpy, yep and proud of it.

I first met my wife in the Amoco Building in Chicago and looking out her window to the north there was nothing to be seen. I asked her why there was an open field to the north. She responded that is Lake Chicago and it is frozen over, it was zero.

When you are from the Gulf Of Mexico, it does not freeze over.

We are wimps and so are out critters.

Put another log on the fire and another blanket on the bed.

Some years back I called my brother and asked him how the ice fishing was........he said "not very good the ice is thicker than most augers will drill. :haha:

Glad you liked that picture, Spikebuck. Sorry you lost such a marvelous place to hunt.
Dad's farm isn't the most productive spot I frequent as it is too open to attract many deer. But once in a while it yields a sighting and a shot.
When the kids were in their teens I would create an "A" frame blind at the edge of a very busy field that we always saw deer in. I would reconstruct that blind every year out of the saplings and branches for the kids where they would sit in the point the A and use it for the gun rest as I coached siting just behind them. We always had a wonderful time in that blind, laughed alot (quietly) and ate very well from their youth hunts. Excellent times!

Back