• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

de Haas barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 7/8s 50 with a 1in30 twist and a 1" 54 with a 1in36 twist. The inside finish is very smooth and both are very good shooters! [slugs] :: I don't have any of his RB barrels, but they should be great shooters also!

I once had a barrel made by De Haas. It was on an original Gemanic stock that I came by. The barrel came out real nice and was a good shooter. Since it was a half stock with a tapered barrel we decided to go octagon to round. Came out looking very nice. He even made a breach plug that came out looking very nice for the gun (percussion snail type). Only complaint, it took a very long time to get the barrel (and stock which I had sent him to have custom fit), like 2 years!

Had one in hand recently. Very slick internally. Appeared handlapped. Fine mill marks were visible on the outside, but would clean up easily. He makes both round and square-groove barrels and will make about whatever twist you want. Up to 48" lengths in straight or tapered barrels. Also makes oct-rounds. When I talked to Mark recently, his backlog was about 2 months.--S

Back