• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer License Cost

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NORD

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Here in Wyoming a resident general deer tag is running $35 now!!! I mainly hunt deer for the meat but at $35 it is hardly worth it anymore after you figure gas, tallow for hamburger and a treat for the landowner.

How much are resident deer tags in your state?

Thanks for the information!

well without gettin in specifics...oh god! my resident license in N.Y. was $68...total. includes fishing,small game,bear tag,buck tag,bow tag, ml tag,sprin/and fall turkey stamps, and shot at a permit for a antlerless deer in certain areas.. most you can get is 2 bucks 2 doe/antlerless, or 1 buck 3 doe/antlerless.. it gets confusing w/ the bow/ml stamps but basically if you hunt with everything you can only harvest 2 bucks..oh yeah,,,you can sign over or have signed over the drawn permit to another hunter.yourself...whew......RC

Yep, $112.50 buys me 9 deer tags for the mainland. I just hunted one of our Islands that cost another 12.50 so my annual cost for tags is $125.00. I could buy two more with a possible 3rd but I don't hunt those areas.

PA general hunting lic w/one buck tag....20.00
resident archery stamp...................16.00
resident muzzleloader stamp..............11.00
resident doe tag each.....................6.00
total....................................53.00

i will still get more doe tags at 6.00 bucks each fer the state forest lands.................bob

I'm a disabled Vet and I get my hunting and fishing licence for free. I still have to pay to have my deer processed though. Just a tip for you other Vets out there. Contact your local fish and wildlife to check into it. Some states there may be a little paper work to fill out but it is worth it in the long run.

In Iowa resident hunting liscense $17.50 Deer liscense 27.00. $34.50 total close to WY price when added alltogether. I give half the deer to the food pantry. If I finally decide to hunt the Jan. bonus season the pantry will get one whole deer.

In Illinois:
Resident hunting license; $7.50
State Habitat Stamp; $5.50
Resident Firearm Deer Permit; $15.00 (each)
Resident Muzzleloader Deer Permit $15.00 (10 days total if you buy both firearm & ML tags, 7 for 1 tag)
Resident Archery Permit (Combo. either sex & antlerless-only, 2 tags); $26.00

Nord,
In Ohio: $19 Annual Resident License
$24 for Deer Permit(1 deer either
sex)
I consider it a bargain to the other expences
I might incurr. Food for 4 or 5 days. Card games
at night. Time off work etc,etc.. The license
is probably the best bargain of the entire week.
snake-eyes :hmm:

A stupid question from ' he who hunts boars with his car'.
Is there a limitation of how many deers you can hunt in one season?
:hatsoff:

undertaker said:
Is there a limitation of how many deers you can hunt in one season?
:hatsoff:
undertaker,
You are allowed 1 buck only...but with
the proper permit and where you hunt it is
possible to take I think up to 3 does. Each permit
is another $24.
The boar and car thing was an attempt
at humor :rotf:
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Got two words for you fellas;LIFETIME LICENSE.
That is if your state offers them . In Indiana they have stopped offering them since they figgered out it was costing them money.
My wife bought me a lifetime license 2 Christmases ago just before they quit offering them. She figured that with all the license and stamp fees I was paying for deer, turkey, geese, dove and whatever else I come up with to hunt that it would pay for itself in 4 or 5 years (depending on how many seasons I hunted obviously).
If you can swing it and your state offers them I highly recommend it.

In Michigan it's $15 for a buck tag or $30 for a combo license that allows a buck or doe with a bow and a large buck (4 points on one side minimum) or for firearm it allows 2 bucks, one any size and one 4 points on one side or bigger. If you get drawn for a doe permit (which costs $4 to apply) it is $10 for the license. So I can get up to 3 deer for $44 total.

But processing runs between $60-$75 a deer! :shocked2:

I'm new here in Kentucky, but I love it here, We can hunt on our own land for free, We get 4 deer a year, (that's 8 deer between my Lady and me, We only need 3 a year) 1 CAN be a buck if we want,, Other then that it's $80 for ALL huntin and fishin for a year,, I found out that freedom is east of California,,, ( I lived in Ca for darn near 46 years, I,m 59 now)

hobbles,
Sounds like you found home. Now Ca. to
Ky. is a stretch! How did that happen? Got any
pictures of the current homestead. Mite want to come and visit for a year or so... :rotf: :rotf:
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Afternoon snake-eyes ,
I loaded up my pickup truck and my horse trailer out west and ran out of gas money here in Kentucky, So here I stayed, (well, it sounds good ;>)~~ )
Our Habitat

Back