• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer Season is Over. Blah.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valkyrie

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I wasn’t able to connect with my flintlock in PA’s late season. Now it’s nine months away from archery and I figured I would pass some time today casting some ammo.

I got going pretty good and ended up with just over 300 .490 balls. I have about 500 on hand but you can never have too many right?! Gonna try to get to the range maybe next week or the week after to burn some powder.

I’m low on my favorite patch lube. My recipe is rendered deer tallow cut one quarter with coconut oil. It’s a great lube and stays solid in the summer heat. I have a tub of beeswax/olive oil lube also so I guess I can use that if I need it. I killed four deer this season but didn’t get think to get any tallow from them.

Oh well, I’ll find something to pass the winter I guess.

Go squirrel hunting. Then spring Gobbler. That's what I do. And practice. Get in on the monthly shoots Adui puts up. That way your practicing at least once a month for sure.

This is my scouting time for the upcoming season. Looking for Gobbler set ups and deer stand locations with my climber.

I wasn’t able to connect with my flintlock in PA’s late season. Now it’s nine months away from archery and I figured I would pass some time today casting some ammo.

I got going pretty good and ended up with just over 300 .490 balls. I have about 500 on hand but you can never have too many right?! Gonna try to get to the range maybe next week or the week after to burn some powder.

I’m low on my favorite patch lube. My recipe is rendered deer tallow cut one quarter with coconut oil. It’s a great lube and stays solid in the summer heat. I have a tub of beeswax/olive oil lube also so I guess I can use that if I need it. I killed four deer this season but didn’t get think to get any tallow from them.

Oh well, I’ll find something to pass the winter I guess.
I like to just walk through the woods and every now and again pick out a spot on a stump or fallen log and shoot. As soon as I get over this next back cutting I'll start that again and try to do some fly fishing in the eastern part of the state. Still I do like deer hunting.

Latest posts

Back