• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer Stalker on the way...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westrayer

40 Cal
Reaction score
I am scheduled to meet a guy on Saturday to pick up a Deerstalker in .50 cal, cap. Finding caps in my area is a pain. I know some guys found them at Walmart, but the ones near me are not carrying them. Might have to make the hour drive to a good ML shop. But maybe he will have a better rear sight than the folding leaf. Plan on having it in the stand for our early antlerless season in late October.

Powder Valley has CCI No.11s and RWS 1075s in stock. Yes, you'll have to pay HAZMAT unless you get on their email list and wait for a free HAZMAT promotion. Graf's is also a good site to buy powder and caps when they're in stock.

Good luck with the new rifle.

I am scheduled to meet a guy on Saturday to pick up a Deerstalker in .50 cal, cap. Finding caps in my area is a pain. I know some guys found them at Walmart, but the ones near me are not carrying them. Might have to make the hour drive to a good ML shop. But maybe he will have a better rear sight than the folding leaf. Plan on having it in the stand for our early antlerless season in late October.

I have a lyman 57 sight on my .54 deerstalker, I love it

(She’s a lefty)
IMG_1549.jpeg

Congrats on what is probably gonna be a very good rifle. If we lived closer together I'd give you a tin of caps. But I'm sure you will find some and let us know how she shoots.

The Lyman is the way to go, but I just can't afford a new one. Used ones are just not to be found right now. I had tried to buy a gun with one on it but the bidding went too high. Peep is much easier for my eyes to see.

The Lyman is the way to go, but I just can't afford a new one. Used ones are just not to be found right now. I had tried to buy a gun with one on it but the bidding went too high. Peep is much easier for my eyes to see.
Hang in there, and if you become a supporting member, try a WTB ad here. Last September I did just that and got several really good offers. I wound up with a NOS, never fired 50 cal Lyman DS for a bit under $400 shipped. It also came with the globe sights installed, so it was a great deal.

Back