• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I should put a stand in my front yard! This guy came through at noon, following a doe.
DSCN1089.jpg

Robby

Testosterone has caused many a buck to do foolish things, often with grave consequences...LOL

:rotf: True enough! I have always had deer come through, year round, but now I have rubs and scrapes. After the season, its nothing to see fifteen deer out there, and that's not counting out back, which is even woodsier. Something has changed and I can't quite figure it out.
Robby

Food probably...hows the acorns and beech nuts there? Theres nothing here for the first time in a bunch of years and the deer are searchin hard for food right now.

If you need help figuring it out, I'll come out there with my rifle!! Looks like you need 'em thinned!! :grin:

Swampy, I have quite a few oaks (reds) no beech, but they have been producing for years. I'm kind of thinking its encroachment. Use to be cows across the road, and no neighbors. Now I'm almost surrounded. My wife and I are thinking of building a house on some land I own. More land, bigger buffer zone, good hunting for deer and turkey's, even an occasional bear.
Saw this guy nab our furry friend just now, outside the window where the computer is, grabbed the camera, ran to the kitchen, and sure enough, there he was.
DSCN1093.jpg

Robby

Cool pic. Yeah we have two huge oaks here on the driveway and this is the first time I can remember, our driveway isn't covered in acorns. We were shocked at how little fat was on the 4 deer brought in this past weekend...

Latest posts

Back