• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deerhunter plastic sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodd

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Mornin' All, I have a .50cal Traditions deerhunter that Iam very happy with except for the plastic,screw on front and rear sights.They work well enough but just dont like the look of them and I think their "robustness" factor to be low.Do any of you guys know if Traditions ( or any company ) have a metal ,screw on sight, that would replace the flouro plastic fantastic.Options here in OZ tend to be rather limitted in comparison to what you have in the land of the free-all the best ZODD. PS- the barrel isnt dovetailed needs to be a screw on sight

g'day zodd, search and check out, rmc sports, the v peep combo was my choice. they have other sights as well. keep and reuse the traditions screws though. as i recall that front plastic sight was none too robust. good luck,ric

Zodd, You might wanna try Traditions website. They do have metal versions of the plastic sights. I had to order sights from The Log Cabin Shop because the sights that Traditions had were on back order. Good luck with your search.

Hi ZODD,

question beneath. Is your Deerhunter tapped and drilled for scope mount and what twist has it?

I have ordered a Deerhunter .50 cap in the US, because this model is not available in GE at all.

Greetings from GE

Hi Kirrmeister- yes the barrel is drilled & tapped for a scope mount.It has a 1 in 48 twist which i understand is a compromise rifling twist so that you can shoot both patched round ball and maxi/minnie type bullets equally well (my little dearhunter shoots PRB and Lee REAL bullets very well)Barrel is 24 inches.The rifle is small,light and mucho fun--greetings from OZ-zodd

Hi Ric and Strykerdlth-thanks for the heads up on places to find replacement sight-all the best-zodd

Back