• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Did Pedersoli stop production of their 62 caliber Indian trade musket?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a high-volume shooter, like I have been many times, they don’t allow a good, easy cleaning job in the field, and the reduced diameter antechamber requires an additional scraper and brush to clean it out.
Removing the barrel from the stock and doing the water pump thing works well enough, if you are where you can do it, but some guns are not made to be disassembled for cleaning. The reduced chamber is hard to dry out thoroughly after cleaning, unlike barrels with the simpler flat breech plug.
Not really. I've never had to clean them out because I use hot water.
Hot water dries itself.
I've never had a fail to fire either.

I'd love to go back in time and intercept an explorer in winter and suggest cleaning their gun with cold water, if they can find some, I can see them rolling around in the snow now laughing...

Half these so called issues are imagined.

Back