• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Difficulty installing flashguard to Fusil

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snauss

32 Cal
Reaction score
I am hoping someone could offer some insight on this issue. I am a reenactor and recently purchased a French Officer's fusil made by someone else from the rifle shoppe kit. It's a beautiful gun. To use it for reenactments, I needed to install the flashguard.

I've done this many times. However, with this particular piece, I'm having issues. I picked up a fusil flashguard kit at Dixon's with the screw being 10-32 thread with a square nut. The additional screw in the kit allows use of flint flash guards on bridleless lock like mine.

The threaded portion of the 10-32 screw fit into the hammerstall fine, but became too big once it reached the unthreaded portion. So I bought another fusil flashguard kit from track of the wolf that was 8-32. This kit worked and screw fit. However, the problem I'm running into now is that when the screw is tightened to keep the flashguard in place, the frizzen hits or scrapes the barrel and doesn't shut on the pan. If I loosen it, the entire flashguard moves with a slight push of the finger.

Anyone have any insight or guidance on this? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_6016.MOV
    22.9 MB
Back