• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Do you prefer percussion?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Besides revolvers, I haven't shot a percussion gun in about 25 years, and I'm not sure I ever will again.

I prefer flintlocks, and I have no reliability issues that I wouldn't also have with a capper.

I shoot and enjoy both, really don't have a preference. I especially like percussion revolvers and rifled muskets but usually shoot flinters in single shot pistols and I really love a flint trade gun I got a few years ago...it's really all about what you enjoy the most from my viewpoint

Like both but haven't fired a cap gun in years. All Flint for a long time. Larry

I have both and enjoy shooting both flint and cap. When I have a choice to use either for hunting, I pick one of my cap locks. I just find them more reliable and easier to use in the long run.

Give flint a real chance and well there might not be any need for questions like this. I had never shot one until about 4 years ago. I couldnt imagine why anyone would hunt with one, I mean one shot with a muzzleloader and open sights is enough challenge right. Well once I got a flinter and then even worse joined a club that shoots monthly and it mostly flinters, and started attending rondys and shoots. Well I dont have any more caplocks and now have 4 flinters and am awaiting delivery on another one. If I sound like a rambling flint addict well I am. I gotta go and shoot mine now.

Back