• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Don Bruton 62 cal rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All... Well its been a long time coming but its finally here in my hands. I have always shot and built my own flintlocks but have always wanted a custom pro built southern iron mounted longrifle. After seeing the dvd that features Don Bruton I fell for the rifle that he uses in the video. I called him and we struck a deal and here is the results. I got a Charles Burton 62 cal 38 inch D weight swamped barrel. For the lock I wanted a Caywood Wilson flint that sparks like a welder. The wood is a piece of slab sawn sugar maple from Dunlap. The rest of the furniture is Dons forging. The front sight is a 1962 silver quarter. I wanted it stained dark and boiled linseed oil finished. I have not got to shoot it yet but will post the results when I do. I wanted a gun that I could hunt anything with and this is the results. I did not know if I would like the strap style buttplate or not but now that Im seeing it in person I really like it. Length is 54 inches. Drop is 3 inches. Lop is 13 an one half inches and weight is 9 lbs

Awesome rifle Alan. If you are like me the wait on my Bruton gun was worth every second. Looks like Don built you a dandy! Congratulations on getting a fine gun.

Congrats and Merry Christmas! :thumbsup:
It's great when you get exactly what you want!
Now get the Rifle dirty!... :grin:

That, sir, is one beautiful big game hunting rifle :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I must confess being very envious :redface:

Beauty for sure Watts...any deer will be proud to be taken with such a rifle !
:thumbsup:

Wow! :shocked2: Congrats on a very fine rifle. I'm sure you will be well pleased with it. I know I sure would be. Nothing like picking out your own presents. :haha: Let us know how she shoots. :thumbsup:

I like it, can't lose that patchbox in the laurel, than have to find wood to replace it. Enjoy

nice!
you'll love that Burton barrel!
are you sure that rifle isn't 100+ years old????

that is a fine looking rifle,
BUT it will look a lot better resting on top of a deer this fall.
Look forward to seeing that picture.
Thanks for sharing photos of your new toy

PJC

Latest posts

Back