• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Double Barrel Flintlock Shotguns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim Chambers just sold one of those over/unders by Mike Ehnger. I believe it went in the vicinity of $25,000. Definately a toy for big boys.... :winking:

That gun you converted looks GREAT.If you ever want to sell it let me know . No you misunderstood, I was speaking of a commercialy mass produced double. Again the point is you have two locks, two regulated (maybe) barrels, triggers , wood furniture etc. The cost of the parts for a company like Pedersoli between mass producing a flint and a percusion is about the same thing BUT as soon as a person says double flint the price goes way up. Fine custom guns are going to cost a lot more BUT it you did the same work but built a double percusion instead you would not have spent much less time or money on the parts if you bought equally good items.

Greg250,
I love the Pedersoli. I've taken everything from whitetails w/ buckshot, to quail, to turkey, and dang near everything that qualifies as small game. Mine is the version with choke tubes, and while that is convenient, it still bothers me to see them. I have debated having them shortened and trying to get at least one barrel jug-choked, but I don't know anyone to do it right.
Mike, one word about your flint doubles, "Awesome!!". I wish I could afford one, but unless you're a big fan of bamboo flyrods, I'll just have to look and dream. I have no doubt about the amount of work involved, just simple economics. I figure about as close as I'll ever get is a fowler.

Canerod

Mike, one word about your flint doubles, "Awesome!!". I wish I could afford one, but unless you're a big fan of bamboo flyrods, I'll just have to look and dream.
hey , don't feel bad, I can't afford one of my doubles either. :(

Greg250 said:
What made you choose the 10 rather than the 12? I have been thinking about getting the 12, but am torn between it and the 10...

Partly sentimental reasons. My dad hunted turkeys with an original percussion 10 ga.double starting when he went to Florida State in the 1950s. Since I'm hunting in that area today I thought it would be cool to hunt with a 10 ga. They were quite common in the percussion era.

I haven't heard anything bad about Pederosoli guns yet, but I am somewhat new to all this. I am leaning toward the 10 ga without the screw in chokes. Dixie guns sells one with modified choke on the left and cylinder bore on the right....I really don't want the screw in chokes...

I think you'd be happy with the 10ga. I found mine 8 yrs ago in a small BP shop in Alabama, and it was the only one he had, so I ended up with the tubes. Still, it shoots great. I use a cyl. in the right bbl and an IC in the left most of the time, but the full will roll a turkey at 40yds with an ounce and a quarter of #4s :thumbsup:

Canerod

OK...so after all this discussion and a lot of thinking, I am buying the Pederesoli 12 ga. with cylinder and improved chokes... :grin: Hopefully by this weekend, I will be testing loads at the range....

Thanks for all the advice and I guess I will have to have future discussions in the percussion section.....

Back