• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Doublebarreled Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeye1755

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I had just read on the Internet about Timothy Murphy. They write he had in ”˜doublebarreled rifle’ from John Golcher ( Goulcher ).
On another site I read that J.Golcher made his ”˜doublebarreled rifle’ first after the revolution.
Does anybody know more about the ”˜doublebarreled rifle’
I saw a picture in G. Shumway’s Book ”˜ Rifles of Colonial America Vol. 1 No.33.
:thumbsup:

Tim is a greatX? uncle by marriage. :winking: Many family stories were told of his heroics many of which approached Paul Bunyunesque proportions. However, it is said to be true that he had a swivel breech rifle and it was with this rifle that he shot Gen. Frasier. I certainly hope so, even if it wasn't a Golcher, because that would make me doubt all the other stories we were told! :haha:

Back