• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Drawing Salve

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Dad was a great believer in plain old turpintine for cuts.
Wash the wound, dry it, pour on some turpintine and wrap gauze around it so it could breath.

I don't recall it ever hurting, and I never got any infections.

My Moms favorite stuff was Udder Aid or Bag Balm (She liked Udder Aid best). It worked real well too for cuts and scrapes and burns. :thumbsup:

My dads fixall was gasoline and my moms was bag balm or rubbing alcohol
sounds like a case of one curing the other
1)apply gasoline to the wound to kill the infection
2)use bag balm to stop the gasoline residue from blistering :shake:
down here we have a cactus called aloe vera(medicine cactus )it works very well on burns /cuts etc.just cut off a piece ,peel the skin off,apply the wound and bandage.
for stings we eigther used chewing tobacco (chew and apply to the wound)or a mix of baking soda and vinegar

Cherokee Yes that is it !
I am going to order some right now.
Thanks for the info Cherokee

Woody

Don't know where to put this for sure - so.
Does anyone have a recpie/formula for a good old time
drawing salve?
::

Yep, its one of the best drawing salves on the planet too...

First, get some water...

Second, get some dirt...

Third, mix them together...

Ta-daaa, drawing salve...

Mud is one of the best, it will pull bee poison, quells poison ivy, oak and sumac...

Never tried it on snake bites, but I have on spider bites, it works!!!

Any kinda mud will do? Or does it have to be a specific cornfield type of mud? :haha: :haha: :haha:

Earth mud is the type I use...

My turtle even likes it... :eek: :rolleyes: :what:

Any kind of meat tenderizer mixed in a paste and applied to any bug bites (bees, mosquitoes, chiggers, etc) works well. and is usually around the house.
Fox :thumbsup:

silver
yes meat tenderizier is a gret bee sting relief but a doctor told me to NOT loeave the paste made from it and water on my skin for longer than 10 to 15 min.
Seems the enzymes in the meat tenderizier will start to break down skin if allowed to remain longer that that.

Woody

Earth mud is the type I use...

My turtle even likes it

Musketman

See if your turtle likes being stuck into a snapper hole! :results:
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Woody

Back