• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Drill Cloth = FantasticI

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to trying the drill cloth in all of my Front stuffers with the exception of the woodsrunner. I haven't gotten to it yet. But the other four shot better than they ever have with it. Same lube ( moose milk dry lube). I'm a cut at the muzzle guy and the drill seems to not fray as much as other cloth. That and its tough as nails, my fired patches look better. I've never had any blown through but the edges were always frayed. The drill has some fraying around the edges after firing, but it seems to hold up better. Granted across the four rifles some were tighter loading with the drill due to variances in the bores. But all in all the patching material performed better than I expected. Depending on how the Woodsrunner does, I just may have found my all around patching material. I like to keep it simple, I'm not one that likes to switch around a bunch of accoutrements to feed the herd. I want to thank ya'll for cluing me in on this material.
Are you referring to pocket drill? It is excellent, thinner than canvas but most stores don’t know what you’re talking about
when you ask about it

Generally uncompressed, washed and dried, about 0.018" and compressed to about 0.012". I have been accused by Dutch Schoultz that I am too gentle, but my tool maker father would never tolerate abuse of precision measuring devices and I can't bring myself to really crank down on one of his micrometers.

I followed the link on the first page, took me to my local store. I ordered 5 yds. Free shipping! Total was $21.20.
Does this need to be washed and air dried like pillow ticking?

Back