• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dry-Fire Nipple Saver Tip & Safe Loaded Carry option..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic shooter

Decades of bringing worthy orig. ML back to life
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Buy an assortment of 'tapered' neoprene faucet washers at the hardware store.
The assortment will provide a perfect fit for any size rifle, pistol or musket nipple.
** For safe loaded & capped carry while hunting, place an over-sized tapered washer on the nipple & place the hammer down & the washer will protect from accidental firing if the rifle is dropped.
If the washer is sufficiently over-sized you will be able to flip the washer off for a quick shot & not disturb your seated nipple.
TIP; I drilled a small hole through edge of the coned washer & attached it to my trigger guard with a length of waxed leather stitching thread, this has worked for years on my hunting rifles & pistols.

**To Prevent Revolver Dry-Fire Damage;
Place a much smaller sized coned washer with a snug fit into the hammer-slot sideways..

Back