• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Duck opener 2013 Wisconsin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbutch

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Pothole Lake East Central Wisconsin Sept 30 2013

Great wind,no rain life is good!

View from duck blind over looking the decoys.

RushLake7640x360_zps9c60a637.jpg

Blue Wing Teal..My favorite on the grill!

IMG_0431640x480_zps1e1fecfd.jpg

This young man just spent the last six yrs as a U.S Marine..
Great to have him along! :thumbsup:
He shot cf...and by 10:00 am he was back to keeping his led on the birds.

RushLake6360x640_zpsd0218bba.jpg

Ducks and black powder go together.
I was shooting a 10 ga. Pedersoli DBL. persuction.
3f goex 95 gr.
#2 hevi-shot.also used #4's but the 2's just worked better this day.
What a Blast!... There is a god! and He is a duck god!
Now get off this computer and get your butt out on the marsh! :grin:

MS, sounds like it was a great day, congratulations to you both !
:thumbsup:

Thanks RB!

Here's the days work...Sam loved it!

1 hen mallard,3 widgeon,4 bluewing teal, 1 ring bill(diver duck)1 Canada goose.
We hunted together last in 2006.
RushLake1640x360_zpsa177ba38.jpg

As usual, very nice pictures. Looks like it was a great day...of course could have been windy and raining and if hunting, it would still be a great day!

Does this new kind of gun you're shooting "pull" the ducks in closer for easier shooting??? :grin:

makeumsmoke said:
I was shooting a 10 ga. Pedersoli DBL. persuction.

Ha Ha I went teal hunting here in Kansas the other day. Thing were really well until I tripped on something in the water and fell besides being cold, and wet. Black powder doesn't like water. The old 12 ga double tapped out on me for the day. Took 3 times in the left and 4 in the right of pulling the nipple adding dry powder before it cleared the main charge out of the barrel. :idunno: I want a flintlock so I got more reason to miss, i mean excuses for missing.

2 tall..I can't make this up...
Sat 9 am opener first day..birds on the move..flight of Widgeon swing over the deks,drop 1.. alls good...out of the blind I go in a john boat..wind 25-30 out of the sw...off goes my hat Rat's! spin the boat around and my face mask is in the way! I reach up and pull it off! I hear a "sproong" sound...Its the sound of my perscription glasses cartwheeling through the air in slow motion ....Forgot they were on over the mask! :doh: "Plop" in to the loon manure they go never to be seen again! First thought ! Now What? I need them..well the guns are going off birds are everywhere(first 30 min. of shooting)I bee line back to shore and luckly I had my 1998 vintage saftey glasses in the glove box. Ran this way till monday noon before I could get a new pair made. Lesson learned!

I had the rain fly on the double for about 6 hours in 3 days...

Last Friday was a gulley washer.... so I put my tail beween my legs and shot CF. :doh:
After the rain cleared the birds were on the move.
We reset and the last hour of the day after we shot our 2 geese each they just kept pouring in...30 minutes worth...Oh the stuff dreams are made of!
Duck hunted the first 3 days.fished the next 3 days then back on friday to get into the geese. Its been a week to remember! :grin:

Oh and the fishing was even better! :thumbsup:

Northern Wis this last Sun am. before the clouds broke .
If you guys ever wanna visit Wisconsin the first full week in October is it!

DSC028211024x768_zps36084676.jpg

Fishing the Mississippi Pool # 9

IMG_03891_zps9545cf70.jpg

Fish taco's for dinner!
IMG_04041_zpsbad28099.jpg

Dan,
You done good! I spent the season duck hunting also. My buddy and I got 18 in the first 3 days. Mostly wood ducks.

Thanks Guys!!!!..
Had my 80 year mom along on the fish outing..she caught more than her share. She loves the big river in the fall.

Packing the truck up this afternoon for a 5 day woodcock and grouse scare....
The 10 ga.Robin's Fowlers going for a long walk! :grin:
Bringing the recurve iff'n I find good deer sign. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back