• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ducks Unlimited Thompson Center

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawrrr

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hi I recently inherited a Thompson Center 50 caliber Budweiser Ducks Unlimited 1987/1988 muzzle loader from my uncle that passed. He lived in the woods and used it for hunting deer. I believe it's somewhat rare since I can find no information or a single picture of one like it anywhere. I'm trying to find an estimated value and sell. Thanks in advance . Craig

Attachments

• 20240923_173432.jpg
    20240923_173432.jpg
    3.6 MB
  • 1727127119902.jpg
    1727127119902.jpg
    2.2 MB
Hello, and welcome.

Sorry to write, that such a commemorative marking on the rifle doesn't add to its resale value. The rifle appears as a Thompson Center New Englander. The value on that from what may be seen from the single photo, depending on external rust and bore condition, will be from $250-$350. The brand of the scope and condition as well as the scope mount and condition may also add to value and thus be important.

You will need good photos of the interior of the barrel. Your best bet is to buy a 5mm "bore scope" or "inspection scope" for about $10-$15 off Amazon or some other platform, to show any buyers the condition of the bore. IF it's badly pitted by rust, the value of the rifle will diminish.

Good luck.

LD

The fact that the barrel was drilled & tapped instead of using the correct TC mount further detracts from value. And to my untrained eye combined with the fuzzy pik, my guess is yer uncle inletted the DU medallion into the New Englander stock.

Back