• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dunlap Woods baby!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erzulis boat

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Holy smokes, just got off the horn with Dunlap Woods and ordered a blank stick of lumber. Can't tell you what it is, or what grade, but the service was great. (You will find out in about 2 months).

They actually checked through the inventory and presented many options. They also have an ironclad guarantee.

I discovered them on this forum, thanks guys!

:thanks:

You won't be dissatisfied with Wayne. I have found what ever grade of wood he quotes, it is normally one grade above that when I receive it.

They actually checked through the inventory and presented many options. They also have an ironclad guarantee.
Ain't never herd any complaints on them. Most say you get more than you ask for from them. Here's a photo of my wood I got from them. I asked for the best they had. Thought it wat a bit pricey but got it anyway cause I was told to trust thier judgement!! What you see in the picture extends all the way to the nose cap w/no breaks!! ::

e64b7019.jpg

Sniper, I believe you, but you're teasing us. How about some more pictures of that rifle?

Bob

Sniper,

That is an absolutely gorgeous piece of wood, if you don't mind could you give me an idea on what you paid for it. That is one spectacular rifle, makes me green with envy. :thumbsup:

thanks
Big K.

Just when I con myself into thinking that I am a pretty da#@ good builder, someone like Sniper comes along and kicks me back to the curb!

THAT is the real thing. :shocking:

Hi Sniper

That is something to be proud of great work and the wood looks exceptional. Thanks for sharing the photo.

I got off the phone a while ago with Dunlap myself and am trying to find if they received my drawing I sent to them last Monday. Danny wasn't there at the moment but they said they would check and get back to me next Monday. I am very anxious to get a piece of wood from them and hope it is like yall say a really good piece too. Do you think I will have to wait long for a blank??

rabbit03

I just got 3 blanks from him and they are spectacular. I think it only took 3 or 4 days for delivery. Ordered 2 grade 7's and 1 grade 5. Can hardly tell the difference. Great folks to deal with.

Hank

I talked to Danny for 3 days on my current project.

We boiled it down to three choices -- then I let him

decide --- there is only so far you can go Talking about

this wood or that.

Send the most unusual of the 3 says I , and he did.

Soon I will start the finish work on what I hope will be a

really outstanding Tulle with a truly amazing piece of

CURLY ASH. I have my fingers crossed CUZ I have never

stained any of this type wood before. But , my test pieces

look very promising.

Back to Dunlap - I have used their wood for five different

projects and there has never been a glitch. You get more

than what you pay for, you get it on time, and when you

open up the box you just gotta SMILE.

:grey:

I just bought a blank from Dunlap at the Contemporary Longrifle Association show in Lexington this weekend. He had a good range of wood there and was very helpful. I brought it home and the piece is flat and square as if a toolmaker did it. Very dense wood. I wanted moderate curl in a very thick piece and got a good blank for $110.

Latest posts

Back