• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dutch Styled Trade Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRB

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
A medium sized belt knife with an 18th c. Dutch/Flemish flavor. 5 1/2" sheepsfoot blade of 01 steel with a through tang peened over a steel butt cap. The grip is stained Boxwood, turned and chip carved. The sheath is vinegaroon stained 6/7 oz. vege-tanned leather sewn with linen thread, and cuir bouilli treated to harden it. Hope you enjoy a look.

Picture331.jpg

Picture336.jpg

Wick, as usual I love your work! Those handles you have put on a couple recently with the scallops really puts a new spin on things!

Just enough embellishment to make it stand out if it were jewel encrusted! :shocked2:

In other words I really like how the handle compliments the knife! :grin:

Great work Wick. I used to mold the toughest, thickest John Bianch pistol holsters to the shape of a specific gun using this method used on your sheath.

Bones

I don't understand half of what you said, but that is one mighty fine looking knife. Awesome job

wick, i wish i had half or a quarter of your talent.. you do the most beautiful work....

Latest posts

Back