• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

e-bay tomahawk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hatchet George Washington used to chop down the cherry tree has been passed down through my family for 264 years. In that time, the handle has been replaced a half-dozen times, and the head was lost so Great-Grandpa (Jebediah) Stumpy stuck on a replacement, but it's the very hatchet.

Maybe I should ask $2,000 on e-baY?.

I had to go back and look. Man, it is just amazing how they kept those chevrons looking so mint - especially after being in contact with leather for 100+ years! And the checkering at the top of the handle. Nice. Proves that wood hasn't shrunk enough that the head needed to be whacked down to tighten it as the wood shrunk. Find out what the sealer was on that wood. It's good stuff!

And, AMAZINGLY, the pipe still has a "smoked odor". Sounds like the tobacco my uncle used to use. A century of reek in every can. :crackup:

And someone has actually bid $1,000.

Here's my tomahawk...think I could get more 'cause mine's in such good shape? :)

Tomahawk004.jpg
Tomahawk006.jpg

reminds me of a guy I knew in PA who had an old tomahawk hanging on his den wall...he said it had been in his family for 200 years (this was 40 years ago) and that it had only been rehandled three times and had only two head replacements! :shake:

The hatchet George Washington used to chop down the cherry tree has been passed down through my family for 264 years. In that time, the hand has been replaced a half-dozen times, and the head was lost so Great-Grandpa (Jebediah) Stumpy stuck on a replacement, but it's the very hatchet.

Maybe I should ask $2,000 on e-baY?.
:crackup:

The bid on this choice piece of Americana closed at a mind boggling $2700. It kind of looks like a cast head to me, not the "hand forged" as claimed. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Back