• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Early 18th century jager rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriskletke

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey,

Trying to find a website I saw on here once and was stupid and forgot the web adress. It had lots of early period jager rifles pistols etc but was all in German language. So wonder if any of you out there have that adress or remember where I could find that. Or know any sites with orignal jagers that I could copy and use as pattern to build. Thanks.

Chris

I am not sure what thread you're referring to but you could try looking at this:
[url] http://www.hermann-historica.com[/url]

A well respected German auction house. There are a number of early rifles as well as fowlers etc in the upcoming sale. They always have fabulous stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a good adress. I have bought an original US- smoothbore long gun, converted to percussion. a good gun. They have now their up to date catalog for the next auction in may, so you can have a look. Site is both in english and in german.

chriskletke said:
Hey,
Trying to find a website I saw on here once and was stupid and forgot the web adress. It had lots of early period jager rifles pistols etc but was all in German language.
Chris
Link
For those Gentlemen who only speaks english. :grin:
:hatsoff:

If you really-REALLY-want to get your heart rate elevated,call Jim Chambers (Black Powder Barbie :winking: ) and order a copy of:"Steinschloss-Jagerbuchsen" by Erhard Wolf! It's all in German, so you've got to either be able to read Deutsch (I muddle through) or just look at the pictures! (IftheGermanswouldjustlearntousealittlepunctuationoccasionallyitwouldbeeasiertotranslate :haha:).

Anyone with a serious interest in Jaegers should have this book. It's awesome! My copy was a gift from my very good friend Ron Ehlert just a few days before his un-timely death. Ron made significant contributions to the Jaeger Community,and is featured in the Book.

Yip, it's a MUST HAVE book, for those guys who love the Jäger-Rifle.
580 pages,685 cpolor photos and a price of $145.
:hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back