• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Early Season Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootemup

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Met up with this little guy and invited him home for dinner:
6pt.jpg

6pt2.jpg

65 grains 3f Goex under a .395 patched roundball (Green Mountain drop-in barrel).
I love early muzzleloading season. :grin:

Spot

Nice buck. Congrats. Now your getting me fired up. My season dont start till Nov. 29th.

6pt2.jpg

Nice Buck ..Awesome...Is that a 1" drop-in barrel for the renegade?
Have a 15/16 for a Hawken and they shoot great! Need more info---shot distance angle etc. Was it a pass through? Congrats..Fresh backstraps Yum!

Hey there makeumsmoke,

Yep, it's a 1" drop-in, shoots great but it's HEAVY. :grin:

The shot was about 30 yards, and although I was on the ground I was probably 10 feet or so above him in elevation. As you can see from the picture, the shot was high, but it got both lungs and went all the way through.

Did I mention I love early muzzleloading season? :haha:

Spot

Spot said:
65 grains 3f Goex under a .395 patched roundball

Spot

Well, that's what traditional muzzleloader hunting is all about. Close up shots, a good dose of patience and discipline, and just enough ball and powder to make a clean kill with a minimum loss of meat. So much more satisfying than "exploding" an animal that size with a .300 H and H magnum :shocked2: . It's skill that defines a hunter, not the raw power of his hardware. Good job Buddy :thumbsup: Bill

Back