• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

East central Alabama deer hunters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but that web sight will open up something that is outside the proected mode on my computer. I hunt in Dale county Ala.

Armakiller, sorry it to a while to respond. I have been hunting with a muzzleloader for years. I would like to form a small muzzleloading hunting club using traditional guns. Do you hunt with a club down your way?

Wattlebuster I also like to use traditional guns and gear. How's the deer hunting up you're way? We have a lot of deer in this part of Alabama and there are plenty of hogs here to. The landowners here are trying to dispose of them and I do some hog hunting with a muzzleloader during the off season.

No, I am not a member of a club. they are to expensive for me. I and 2 of my brothers hunt with either flintlocks or percussin on kin folks land. though this year I might try 2 WMA's that are close to me. Also this year I will be hunting in traditional clothes for the first time which I am looking forward too.

I hunt by myself most of the time. I've hunted the WMA in Barbour County its good and has a lot of deer. Now days I hunt on private land in the Hurtsboro area in Russell County. What kind of shootin iron do you use? I have a Pedersoli Rocky Mt Hawken that I bought years ago I have really enjoyed it. I am also trying to get a pair of buckskins to go with it.

I shoot a .50 caliber handmade by my older brother. 33 inch G.M. barrel with a curly red maple stock. I had the barrel cut from a 42 inch. One of these days he says I will get a flintlock pistol made from the 9 inches left over. I've already bought everything he needs. He just has to find the time.

My Hawken is a 54 cal I went with the 54 because of the big hogs we have here. Last season I killed a boar that weighed well over 200 lbs in Macon County. Hogs are tough critters and take a heap of killin before they get the message.

Back