• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eastern Primitive Rendezvous

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beverlyh

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just a reminder: pre-registration for the EPR is coming up soon. Don't forget - you don't want to miss this one. Muddy Run is a GREAT site!

Howdy,
Right you are! It is one of, if not the finest, sites The Eastern goes to. It beats Doddridge Co. site by a mile. If you want a good experience at a big event, this is it. We will be there most of the week. :hatsoff:

Not having ever been to a vous, do they allow visitors to watch the daily events such as shooting, hawk throwing etc. etc. I would also like to know if there will be vendors there selling period clothing, powderhorns and anything to do with muzzleloading? :thanks:

BIG K, they usually have two visitors days,like sat. and tues.9-4... have to check for sure. you can walk all over and watch whatevers goin on, and there'll be sutlers there... you could outfit your whole family from tent to mocs and all in between, should be the biggest yet...can't wait! maybe i'll see ya there, i'll be the one alookin fer my tent.............. :m2c:

Big K the public days for the Eastern this year will be Sat and Sun the 24rd and 25th of Sept the first weekend of the event(hope I got my dates right n I believe it's $5 each for adults, kids should be around $3 each , don't have the calender in front of me). Yepper ya can walk anywhere in the camp and watch whatever ya want. Sutlers? Well theres just about everything under the sun avalible. Yer gonna need ALL!! day to walk the camp n I guarenteee you won't see it all. Muddy Run is beautiful with both open grassy areas and shaded woods to camp in, toss in the lake n what more could ya ask for. Bring the kids they won't get bored with all the people dressed in funny cloths and the wife can spend n buy to her hearts content. While there ASK questions, nobody will bite(nibble hard maybe) but not bite hee hee. I'll be the short round guy with long hair living in the white tent hee hee. Just kidding, come on down n enjoy YMHS Birdman

Thanks :thanks: Birdman and RC I have all ready started to make plans to attend, looking forward to seeing all of the events.

Big K.

Big K
Glad to hear you're gonna join us.
Visitors days are Sat. & Sun. Sept 24 & 25 from 9am until 4pm
Cost for adults 18 and over is $5.00, kids are free.
There will be a scout troop parking the vehicles, you can give them a donation-it's a fund raiser for them.
Bev

September 23-October 2, 2005: 29th NMLRA/NRLHF Eastern Primitive Rendezvous
Location: Muddy Run Park, Bethesda Church Road, Holtwood, PA 17532
Attendance at a primitive event means: All clothing, lodges and accouterments MUST be in the period of 1640 through 1840 in North America. Absolutely no modern footwear and sunglasses of any kind, unless medically required. Period eyewear is encouraged for those wearing eyeglasses. All modern items (coolers, bottles, cans, plastic, call phones, etc.) must be kept out of site at all times. Absolutely no propane, kerosene heaters, Coleman lanterns or charcoal lighter fluid will be permitted. Eye & hearing protection is encouraged on the firing line only. All NRLHF rules and regulations apply. Rendezvous rules take effect Friday, Sept. 23 at 7:00am. See website for other details.
Contact: Jerry Heister, phone: 717-533-3652, email: [email protected]
Event Website: http://www.nrlhf.org/epr2005.html

I plan on trying to get to the Eastern for public day. I haven't been to an Eastern in years but my daughter really wants to see one. Figure public day is best way to do it. I would love to attend as a rendezvouer but just don't have the time. Does anyone know how far away parking is for public? I have heard it is quite a ways away.

rabbit :{
from the parking area to the gate is about 100 yards at best, great location for the epr!

Back